CanGard values the trust that our customers, business partners, and employees place in us to appropriately use and protect their Personal Data. This Privacy Notice summarizes what Personal Data we collect and how we use it.
Throughout this Privacy Notice, we use the following defined terms:
- “CanGard,” “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to the entity that is responsible for the collection and use of your Personal Data (also referred to as a data controller), which is usually the entity that originally obtains your Personal Data.
- “Personal Data” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, or as related terms, such as “personal information” are defined under applicable law.
If you have any questions about these definitions or anything else in this Privacy Notice, email us at [email protected]
By using the Site and providing your Personal Data and other information through the Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Data will be processed pursuant to the terms of this Privacy Notice, including any location-specific terms. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Notice, please do not provide us with your Personal Data or otherwise interact with the Site. Where required by applicable law, we will not collect, use, or disclose your Personal Data without first obtaining your consent.
- Personal Data We Collect
When you visit or interact with our Site, we may collect Personal Data such as:
- Contact Information, including your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, and organization name.
- Device Information, including browser and device type, IP address, internet service provider, and other technical information about your device.
- Website Interactions, including information about your interactions with our Site, such as referring websites, pages visited, links or buttons clicked, or language preferences.
- Transaction Data, including purchase and order history. The payment and financial information won’t be kept on our website.
- Social Media Information, including social media name, profile, and any direct messages exchanged with us; and
- Other information you voluntarily provide to CanGard.
- How Your Personal Data is Collected
When you visit and interact with the Site, we may collect Personal Data from you, your browser or device, cookies, and social media plug-ins, as described in more detail below.
Personal Data Collected from You
We may ask you to provide certain Personal Data at various times and places on the Site. For example, we may collect Personal Data from you when you:
- Register or create an account with us;
- Purchase products through our Site;
- Subscribe to, or interact with, our email updates and newsletters, such as our “Essential Insights” newsletter;
- Respond to a voluntary survey;
- Contact customer service or make use of our customer support tools;
- Connect with, link to, or “share” our Site via social networking sites;
- Provide ratings, reviews, or feedback for our products and services; or
Please note, if you do not provide us with information that is indicated as mandatory, we may not be able to manage your account or provide you with our products or services. You also may not be able to access all of the Site or participate in all of its features.
If you provide us with Personal Data of a third party, you should ensure such third party has been provided with this Privacy Notice and that you have obtained their authorization or consent prior to providing their Personal Data to us.
Personal Data Collected through Automated Means
Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit or interact with our Site.
By collecting this information, we can better understand how you interact with our Site; give you a more personal and optimized online experience by recognizing your preferences; improve our Site; fulfill contracts with our business partners; help confirm receipt of and response to our emails; and provide more effective customer service.
- How We Use Your Personal Data
We use Personal Data for:
- Customer Service, including answering your questions or responding to your requests;
- Communications, such as sending you reminders or updates, administrative messages, service bulletins, informational materials about CanGard, educational materials, or other information you request;
- Fulfillment, including creating your online account, processing purchase orders, or tracking and keeping you informed about your order status;
- Customer Experience, including serving content on our Site and allowing you to use interactive features on our Site; developing our products and services to improve your experience; performing analytics and conducting customer research; or validating your eligibility to access or use certain products or services, such as those available only to healthcare professionals; allowing you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so;
- Direct Marketing,including sending you information about offers, promotions, or our products or services we think might interest you;
- Promotions, including administering our online surveys or special offers;
- Security and Integrity, including fraud prevention, public safety, or enforcement of our policies and procedures.
We may use and disclose any Personal Data as reasonably necessary to comply with law and legal requirements, cooperate with and respond to law enforcement requests, or as otherwise required by applicable law, court order, or government regulations. We also use Personal Data we collect as necessary to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, to protect our rights and interests or those of others, to resolve any disputes, to enforce our policies, or to prevent harm. Any Personal Data we collect may be provided to our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, consultants, and lawyers, when reasonably necessary for our professional advisors to perform services for us and give us appropriate advice.
- Your Rights and Choices Direct Marketing
You may choose to opt out of receiving direct marketing, commercial emails, and other educational materials from us about our products and services by following the instructions contained in the communications we send. Please also note that even if you unsubscribe, we may still send you transactional or administrative communications, including, for example, to manage any account you have with us, respond to your requests, execute agreements with you, and manage your transactions on the Site.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies: You may disable certain cookies and tracking technologies at any time by adjusting your browser settings or taking other actions to opt out of cookies and tracking technologies. Please be aware, however, that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site features.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
Under applicable law, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including the right to delete, correct, or access your Personal Data.
- Site Security
CanGard takes appropriate steps to manage the privacy of your Personal Data and the security of the Site. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Data. Despite these efforts, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can contact us at [email protected].
- Retention of Personal Data
CanGard retains your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which your Personal Data was collected, unless a longer retention period is necessary, the Personal Data is required to fulfill a legal obligation, or we are otherwise permitted to retain the Personal Data for other uses. For example, we generally retain Personal Data used for:
- Managing your accountfor as long as the account is active and for a period afterward that may correspond to any period allowed for returns, recalls, or other administrative needs related to the products or services purchased;
- Communications with youfor as long as you permit us to communicate with you for purposes of direct marketing or for the length of time necessary to provide administrative or transactional communications related to products or services purchased from us;
- Security and integrity for the length of time the Personal Data is useful for enhancing the security of our Site, products, or services or as needed in connection with our obligations to protect our Site, products, or services from fraud and malicious or illegal activity, to meet our legal obligations, or to ensure our rights (and those of others) as well as our policies and procedures are enforced.
Where Personal Data is used for more than one purpose, we will retain the Personal Data until the purpose with the longest retention period expires.
- Children’s Privacy
CanGard does not expect that any portion of its Site will be used by persons under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under that age of 16. If we learn that we have received Personal Data from someone under the age of 16, we will delete that information in accordance with applicable law.
- Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. Where required by applicable law, we will seek your consent to any material changes. You can determine when this Privacy Notice was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.