N95 Mask and its Benefits
With the rampant cases of the Covid19 pandemic nowadays, everyone should have their personal protective equipment. One of the essential personal protective equipment required for the masses is masks that are now very in demand in the market. Because of its demand, different types of masks are now readily available and can be purchased anywhere. One of the most recommended types of a mask is the N95. Here are some reasons why healthcare professionals mostly prefer N95 mask respirators:
- N95 masks are highly protective respirators and can keep health care workers such as doctors and nurses from getting infected against any viral respiratory infections
- This type of mask fits tightly to the wearer’s face, which provides better protection since it provides limited to no facial seal leakage
- This type of mask gives very efficient filtration of airborne particles
N95 mask does not just filter out 95 percent of viruses and other bacteria, but it also lets the users breathe as comfortably as possible. N95 respirator also comes in different models available in the market, one of which is the N95 L-188 Respirator Mask. L-188 is a type of N95 mask with a foldable style that makes it more convenient not just for storage but also for transportation.
However, just like any other products sold in the market, the risk of buying fake N95 masks is inevitable, especially if the customers are not knowledgeable about the differences between the original and fake N95 masks.
Signs to Watch Out for Fake N95 Masks
It is a must that ordinary consumers should have the ability to determine fake N95 masks from the original ones to prevent purchasing the wrong masks. Some of the observable characteristics of a fake N95 mask are:
- Its filtering facepiece respirator does not contain any markings at all (this is already a warning sign that the N95 mask is inauthentic)
- Markings such as “NIOSH” (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) are absent on the mask.
- Most often than not, fake N95 masks may contain markings but are misspelled, such as “NOISH” instead of NIOSH
- Ensure that the “NIOSH” logo is written in block letters and should be printed on the outside.
- A TC number, which is an approval number, is not present on the mask.
- Custom-made N95 masks that have any sequential design or any usage of decorative fabric would also indicate a fake N95 mask.
- The headbands that are used in an authentic N95 mask are replaced with some ear loops. The headbands present in an original N95 mask are specifically designed to ensure a complete seal around the nose and the mouth. The headbands used should not be replaced with anything like ear loops.
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) does not approve any respiratory protection for children; thus, if the N95 claimed approval for children, it is fake!
Warning Signs for Third-Party Marketplaces
Some masks from the original manufacturers are already distributed in other marketplaces such as the web or the internet. Many people now prefer to buy in bulk or large quantities on the internet because of its convenience. But before doing so, you as a consumer should look for warning signs in any third-party marketplaces.
Here are the things that you as a customer should be careful when planning to purchase something using a third-party marketplace:
- Sometimes, when a marketplace claims to be legitimate, they are most likely not.
- Always check for any feedback from past customers, like how satisfied they were with their purchase or transaction history.
- Check if the prices are too reasonable to be valid from the original price. Sometimes if a product’s price fluctuates wildly, then they may replace it with substandard materials.
- Check for third-party marketplace transparency. The seller should not hide any of her market store information like contact information. Also, check if the seller makes any marketplace policy violations.
- Check if there are any fluctuations of the items traded over time. Legitimate businesses sell products that they are well equipped at and are mostly consistent with their products.
- Check if their stock on hand is unlimited. Unlimited supply of these masks would somehow mean that it is not approved.
These are some basic precautions that one should be aware of before purchasing anything from third marketplaces or unfamiliar websites. These things should be taken into consideration first by the consumers before deciding on buying any masks online.
Checking for the authenticity of a mask purchased is very important because your health is at stake. Authentic N95 masks would provide you the appropriate protection that you would need to combat the invisible viruses in the naked eye. Only with the authentic one will assure you that you and the people surrounding you are protected in the best possible way.